Fashion Frenzy 2013 is fully under way with dozens of incredible entries already gracing the pages of our contest website! The CosmoProf team is so excited at the level of participation thus far and we know that many students are still in the process of finalizing their looks.
As you prepare your look and move on to photographing and posting your work, please make sure you are familiar with our competition rules. Here is a brief overview:
- Entrants must be 18 years of age or older
- Entrants must be currently enrolled in a cosmetology program or within six months of graduation
- Looks should display cutting, styling and color skills
- Looks may NOT include extensions, feathers or other accessories
- Looks must be created on a mannequin head
- No mention of any specific brand name product may be used in the description
- Looks should be shot on a cream background for darker hair colors, or a black background for lighter styles to help accentuate the work
If your entry does not follow the rules listed above, you will be disqualified and required to create a new entry, upload new photographs, and begin soliciting again in order to participate. To save yourself unnecessary frustration and wasted time, simply follow the guidelines as outlined above and available HERE in our official rules.
We would also encourage you to take the time to view the mentor videos for more insider tips on creating a winning entry. Babak, our photography mentor, shares some great tips on getting the best shots of your look in this video:
Follow the rules, put the advice of our mentors into play and you will be well on your way to a inspiring Fashion Frenzy entry.